Thursday, December 18, 2008

Dream Big

After a week and a half of diving in headfirst and hoping for the best I had a few meetings that really illuminated things for me. My Tuesday meeting with Brad revealed that though I was enthusiastic and working hard towards the goals we set it was more difficult because I was essentially clueless on the structure of Habitat. Instead of pointing me toward a pamphlet or archive Brad whipped out a whiteboard and proceeded to doodle a quick diagram of the intricacies of the program. Being a visual person it allowed me to follow along through the entire process from application to housewarming without confusing the multiple steps that could get a bit complicated.

Just being aware of how every person's work comes together for Habitat's mission gives importance to every task, no matter how small it may seem.

Wednesday was consumed with in depth Habitat training that expanded on the foundation that Brad laid out for me. I was amazed at the program's detailed history and how much of an impact it has made on so many families worldwide. To be honest the entire experience left me with more questions than answers. My mind concoted so many ideas for the 2009 year that I instantly knew that one year wasn't nearly enough to complete them all. Now my mission for the holiday break is to sift through all of the potential plans to find one that is actually feasible to implement. My yearly objectives seemed clear, but now I'm entertaining thousands of ways to get to my end goal. I'm still not sure if this is a horrible development or the best possible thing that could have happened.

No comments: